Friday 9 April 2010

Blatchington Gof Course and The Downs, 8/4/2010

on the 8th Apri, a family walk on the downs above Seaford wasn't hugely productive, but did produce four species of warblers and a few Butterflies.

On the Golf Course between Seaford and Denton, singing Chiffchaffs were in abundance, with at least 20 singing males. There were also a few greyer coloured Warblers with different calls, Willow Warblers, and four of them, and I heard a singing Whitethroat and a Bullfinch. Among the butterflies, both Comma and Peacock were common and I got a few photos of each.
In Greenway Bottom, on the south downs, 5 singing Chiffchaffs, 2 more migrant Willow Warblers and a singing Blackcap finished off a good walk, in which I got one year tick (Whitethroat)

*note-I also heard a Coal Tit on Firle Road, Seaford, my first record from in town, and perhaps a continental bird

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics of the butterflies , i encountered Brimstone 3 and peacock 2 yesterday myself , always nice to see . i dont know if you like quizzs but this one had me hooked for days , i managed to get top scores in the end , link below if you want to have a go .

    http://www.bavarianbirds.de/what/cbirding_e.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...