Thursday 7 October 2010

Seaford on 07 Oct. Good vis-migging day!

from the title, you can gather what the theme of today was. I only had time to be looking up at the sky for about 1 1/2 hours today, walking to and from school, and keeping one eye/ear trained at the sky during lunch and break. My approximate totals were;

100 Meadow Pipits
70 Swallows
20 House Martins
2 Skylarks
1 Grey Wagtail
1 plover sp. by the laws of probability it was almost certainly a Euro Goldie but I didn't get a good enough view to rule out Grey Plover (or American/Pacific GP for that matter!) I presume it came from Cuckmere, as it flew over school, heading SW towards Splash Point. Interestingly, I saw a flock of 70 Golden Plover at Splash Point on 1 Sep last year, that followed almost exactly the same flight route, before flying out over the beach and east along the shore.

Dad saw a few Siskins and a Brambling flying over today too, but I didn't see any finches. An interesting observation though was that about 30 Meadow Pipits appeared to have been feeding on an allotment I walk past on the way to school. Not altogether unusual but I had never considered that it happened before.




AUTUMN IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: )

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Liam,

    I'm glad to hear that you have had a good autumn so far, and I hope it continues to stay that way.

    I noticed your comment on my horribly out to date birding blog. Well, the thing is, I have kind of stopped writing it, and I have made a new blog which is intended to be dedicated to my photography. The thing is, I'm so horribly out of date with my other blog, and my photography blog is becoming more than just photos, so I am thinking of moving blogs entirely and transporting any information on the one you are following to the new one - but this hasn't gone through yet. I noticed you were able to put those bars under your title photo linking you to your birding stories and things, I was wondering if you could tell me how to do that, as I may apply something similar to my photography come new birding blog! Cheers if you can help!

    The photography blog isn't very popular at all, and there are only 4 followers, none which comment much. It could do with some more popularity, and I thought you might be interested. Plus, it will be far more regularly updated! It would be much appreciated, although it is entirely your choice, if you linked it in some form and followed it.

    Cheers,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...